Walkadog Leash Trainer Instructions
The Walkadog Leash Trainer is very easy to use. By giving you leverage and control, it allows you to train your dog to walk by your side without jumping and pulling. The key, of course, to training any dog is consistency and positive reinforcement.
Getting Started with the Walkadog Leash Trainer
Click on the video icon to the left to watch a brief video on how to get started with the Walkadog Leash Trainer. These are the basic steps:
Additional Leash Training Tips and Pointers
- Professionals generally train with the dog to their left. The main reason behind this is for showing dogs at competitions. You can walk with your dog at either side of you, but it is a good idea to be consistent with the side you choose.
- Never walk while your dog is pulling. It is a natural instinct for dogs to pull when they feel tension, and if you let him pull you, he will learn to pull harder.
- When you are relaxed, your dog is more likely to be relaxed too, and you can walk & train more effectively.
- Remember that going on a walk is the highlight of your dog's day, and walking your dog helps you create a strong bond with him.
- Talk to your dog as you walk him. Your voice will reassure him, and will help him pay attention to you and your wishes.
- Reward your dog for good behavior, especially early in his training.